Other School Links
1800 Pearce Avenue | Albany, Georgia 31705 | (229) 431-3310 | (229) 431-3482
Dougherty Comprehensive High School
Organization Sponsors: Mrs. T. Canty
Mrs. F. Venisee
Career and Technical Instruction (CTI)
The Career and Technical Instruction program is designed to support students with disabilities enrolled in Career, Technical and Agricultural Education classes. The CTI program provides students with disabilities at the secondary level entry-level job skills in broad or specific occupation clusters. CTI offers a Fall Leadership Conference that focuses on students with disabilities in CTAE classes in high schools throughout Georgia. The purpose of the program is to reward students showing the greatest improvement in career and work adjustment skills, and to recognize the achievement of these students in their career, technical and agricultural programs.
CTSO Core Values
- Commitment – To create among members, educators and business and industry an adherence and appreciation for all Career, Technical and Agricultural Education Programs.
- Conviction – To develop patriotism through knowledge of our nation’s heritage and practice of democracy.
- Education – To create enthusiasm and empower students to become lifelong learners.
- Integrity – To deal honestly and fairly with one another.
- Leadership – To develop leadership abilities through participation in educational, professional, community and social activities.
- Professionalism – To promote high standards in career ethics, workmanship, scholarship and safety.
- Recognition – Appreciation of the value of achievement.
- Service – To cultivate a desire to contribute to the benefit and welfare of others
- Teamwork – To enhance the ability of students to plan together, organize and carry out worthy activities and projects through the use of the democratic process.