Since 1997, voters in Dougherty County have invested millions of dollars through a one-penny sales tax known as the E-SPLOST or Educational Local Option Sales Tax. Through this program, the Dougherty County School System has been able to build new schools and improve existing schools, provide students with state-of-the-art technology, keep students and staff safe through equipment purchases and improvements and much more.
We plan to continue to provide our students with the very best opportunities in and out of the classroom. Below you'll find resources about what we've been able to do with the funds already provided and what we plan to do in the future.
- Ballot measure renews current penny sales tax on items purchased in Dougherty County.
- Will generate up to $100 million by 2022.
- Funds must be spent on capital projects (buildings, technology, etc.) or to pay down debt
- E-Splost is separate from similar ballot questions offered by the City of Albany and the Dougherty County Commission.
- 40% of the funds generated come from people who live outside of Dougherty County
For information on proposed projects and a list of capital projects already funded by E-Splost, click a link in the right-hand column.