Facilities and Capital Projects
The Facilities Services Department is an important factor in the operation of the Dougherty County School System. While providing courteous, efficient and quality services, our operations include:
- Ongoing and preventive maintenance for all schools, facilities, and grounds.
- Project management and field supervision for new construction projects, roofing projects, and renovation, modification, and addition projects.
- Management and remediation oversight for environmental hazards issues, including asbestos, lead-based paint, indoor air quality, underground storage tanks, hazardous chemical/waste disposal and recycling programs.
- Management and oversight of the DCSS Fire Safety Plan.
- Issuing, management and oversight of Requests for Proposals for various facilities-related services.
- Custodial services for 27 campuses and 7 support facilities.
- Staffing includes 51 maintenance technicians, 147 custodians, 3 clerical and 12 support personnel.