How to Register Your Child for School
NOTE: Residency Verification Process starts July 10, 2018 in room 310 at 200 Pine Avenue. This process must be completed if a student has changed addresses during the summer, is new to the district or is living with someone whose name isn't on their utility bill. Please bring a completed residency verification form (located below) to be signed at the office.System-Wide Open House scheduleWednesday, August 1, 2018Elementary Schools 4PM – 6PMMiddle Schools 5PM – 7PMHigh Schools 6PM – 8PM
- Residency Verification Form - Complete but do not sign and bring to room 310 at 200 Pine Avenue.
- Student Registration Form - Please complete and take to school.
- Household Registration Form - Please complete and take to school
- Pre-K Registration Packet
- Haga clic aquí para obtener los documentos de inscripción en español
When and Where to Register
Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to be enrolled in kindergarten for the current school year.
Children who will be six years old on or before September 1 are of legal age to be enrolled in first grade for the current school year. Students presently enrolled in kindergarten in the Dougherty County School System do NOT need to register for the first grade.
Parents should register children at the school in their zone which houses the child's grade level. Personnel are available at the schools to register students between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday during the school year. If you need assistance determining which school your child should attend, please call the Transportation Department at 431-1265 or you can visit our Zoning page for more information.
Documents Required for Registration
When registering your child for school, parents/guardians will need to provide:
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- Child's Georgia Immunization Certificate*
- Child's Georgia Eye, Ear, and Dental Screening Certificate*
- Social Security number or waiver (notify registrar if waiver is needed)
- Proof of Residency
- Copy of most current utility bill
- State photo ID of LEGAL parent/guardian
- Proof of custody/guardianship if person other than the natural parent is registering the child. Legal proof of guardianship is needed (i.e., court documents or DFACS papers).
- Withdrawal form, discipline report, transcript or final report card from previous year.
*Immunization and Eye, Ear, and Dental Screening Certificates are available from your family physician, pediatrician, or at the Dougherty County Health Department, 1710 S. Slappey Blvd. THE DOUGHERTY COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT PHONE NUMBER IS (229) 638-6424. HOURS ARE 8:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M., MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY; 7:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. WEDNESDAY.
Children born after 1992 are required to have a HEP B injection. Students entering sixth grade must have an adult tetanus shot and a meningitis injection for their immunization records to be up-to-date.
To make appointments for screenings or immunizations, call the Dougherty County Health Department at (229) 638-6424.