District Profile By the Numbers:
- District-Wide Graduation Rate: 80%*
- Number of 4-5 Star Schools: 9
- Number of Schools "Beating the Odds": 12**
- Student Demographics
- 14,946 students
- 89% African-American; 6 % Caucasian; 3% Other
- 81% economically disadvantaged students
- 10% students with disabilities
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Accredited with Quality by the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC)
*Tops state average
**Beating the Odds schools are schools that did statistically better on the College and Career Readiness Performance Index than their peers.
Lake Park Elementary School
605 Meadowlark Dr.
Principal: Kenosha Coleman
Lincoln Elementary Magnet School
518 W. Society Ave.
Principal: Dr. Todd Deariso
Live Oak Elementary School
4529 Gillionville Rd.
Principal: Laytona Stephenson
Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
3125 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Principal: Vontressa Childs
Morningside Elementary School
120 Sunset Lane
Principal: Christine Ford
Northside Elementary School
901 14th Ave.
Principal: Katina Allen
Sherwood Acres Elementary School
2201 Doncaster Way
Principal: Yvette Simmons
Turner Elementary School
2001 Leonard Ave.
Principal: Dr. Deborah Jones
West Town Elementary School
1113 University Ave.
Principal: Steven Dudley
DCSS Systemwide Partners in Excellence:
- Albany Police Department
- Albany State University
- Albany Technical College
- City of Albany Parks & Recreation Department
- Dougherty County Police Department
- Dougherty County Sheriff's Department
- Home Builders Association
- Home Depot
- Lions Club
- Albany Marine Corps Logistics Base
- The Southwest Georgian
- Women in Construction
Pre-Kindergarten Program Partners in Excellence:
- Albany Downtown Sertoma Club
- Bush Photography
- Litman Cathedral House of God Saints in Christ, Inc.
- Mt. Zion Baptist Church Willing Workers
- Semper Fidelis Club
- "The Ministers' Wives" Club