School Colors: Green and White
School Mascot: Panthers
School Motto: "Where Success Begins"
Sherwood Acres Elementary Magnet School will partner with home and community to empower students to achieve academic excellence and to become responsible, life-long learners and productive citizens. We will provide a challenging and diverse educational foundation through innovative teaching in a safe and nurturing environment.
Sherwood Acres and Lake Park both won awards at the Columbus Regional Robotics Tournament.
The district currently has robotics teams at all of its schools and is looking at expanding STEM opportunities for students.
The district has paid out nearly $1.5m over the last three years
SAES choral students racked up the hardware at a recent choral festival in Tifton.
About Sherwood Acres Elementary:
- The education of the young child is the foundation for future learning
- Good choices produce positive results
- Students can be made aware of their inherent self-worth which is critical for life-long learning
- Dignity and respect for self and others are important elements for success
- Maintaining an aesthetically rich environment stimulates learning
- Self-discipline fosters social development as well as emotional growth
- A parent’s active involvement at home and school is crucial to a child’s education
- Children need to experience success
- Students have a responsibility to actively participate in the learning process
- Self-motivation is important for change and growth
- The school and community share responsibility for the emotional and physical safety of their children
- Educators share in the responsibility for nurturing the development of skills to work cooperatively and productively within society
- Teachers are professionals who merit respect and support
Partners in Excellence:
- Dunkin Donuts
- Law Office of James Finkelstein
- Boys and Girls Club of Albany
- Domino's Pizza
- First Freewill Baptist Church
- Heritage Bank
- McCall, Williams, Wilmont & Powell, LLC
- Sherwood Baptist Church